Every Row New Sheet for printing

blthlt

Board Regular
Okay so Im an excel newb here but I think I can handle this with the help of some of you excel guru's.

What I'm trying to do is this:

I have a sheet that has vehicle information on it vin, stock, msrp etc... each row has a different car with the information. What I want to do is make it so I can print addendum's based on the data of each row.

YRMODELSTOCKVIN MSRP fpf roof visor hood deflector etch nitrogen arch moldings spoiler mats bumper cover SUBTOTAL ASKING PRICE

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col span="9"><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
13Sampled234567samplevin 26,496.00 $ 349.00 $ 169.00 $ 299.00 $ 199.00 $ 59.00 $ 499.00 $ - $ 89.00 $ 119.00 $ 1,782.00 28,278.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is how the rows would look, with the top row being headers.

Below is how I want to print the data for each row. I would like it to be a batch process where I would enter the data above on sheet 1 and then run a macro or soemthing to create each sheet to be printed or something. Is this doable?

Lot Name /
Address
Year
Car Type
stockVin
msrp
First Place Finish$349
Security Package$199
Nitrogen$59
All Weather Mats$89
$696
total

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I've done exactly this with a macro. You can create another sheet with lookups to extract the data from the other table, formatted to print however you want. Set it up so that the lookups are dependent on row number, and have a previous row and a current row. Set up the macro so that it adds 1 to the prior row, and then print the entire page. Set the macro to be activated by a keystroke, which will advance the lookup by 1 row and print the page. Unfortunately I don't have that workbook anymore and I don't remember the exact details, but this is how I did it. It's reasonable to do if you have only dozens or maybe a hundred sheets to print, if it's hundreds or thousands then some other way would probably be better.

Upvote 0
I've done exactly this with a macro. You can create another sheet with lookups to extract the data from the other table, formatted to print however you want. Set it up so that the lookups are dependent on row number, and have a previous row and a current row. Set up the macro so that it adds 1 to the prior row, and then print the entire page. Set the macro to be activated by a keystroke, which will advance the lookup by 1 row and print the page. Unfortunately I don't have that workbook anymore and I don't remember the exact details, but this is how I did it. It's reasonable to do if you have only dozens or maybe a hundred sheets to print, if it's hundreds or thousands then some other way would probably be better.

It's only 50 or so records each time I would run it.

Upvote 0
Is it necessary to put a hyphen in the relevant cell? Is it an option to leave them blank?
Because Blank cells can be treated using Mail Merge switches.

Here are the two files as an example of how to use switches: My Files

Upvote 0
It would be best to keep them in there as it's simply means a 0 value in the cell formatted as currency. How do I do these switches?

Upvote 0
There are examples in the files attached to the previous post.
Switches won't work however if there is a value in the cell.
For this you would have to use an IF statement but this would raise a formatting problem.

With switches if the value is blank you can format it so that there are no blank rows but with an IF statement you would be left with a blank row instead of the "-"

Here's an example of IF statements in fields: My Files

Upvote 0
There are examples in the files attached to the previous post.
Switches won't work however if there is a value in the cell.
For this you would have to use an IF statement but this would raise a formatting problem.

With switches if the value is blank you can format it so that there are no blank rows but with an IF statement you would be left with a blank row instead of the "-"

Here's an example of IF statements in fields: My Files

Thank you for the help, I think I have figured it out ( at least a way to make it work ) using the IF statements. Basically I'm putting the least most commonly used column data to the bottom of the list so it doesn't leave a space if it's not being used.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back