Excel 2000 Crash on Tablet PC

Kenko

I subscribe to an Excel-based financial planning tool to assist with my business as a financial planner. This tool is installed on three seperate PCs all running XP. One PC uses XP Pro, one using XP home and one using Tablet PC Edition 2005. I am using Office 2000 Professional. When using Excel , the spreadsheet crashes Excel as its opening with a message of "Excel has encountered an error and needs to close".

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Much earlier versions (nearly five years old) of the spreadsheet open without a problem, suggesting that it is an element of the tool that has been added that is creating the problem. I have spoken with the software vendor, who has attempted to assist, but so far without success. However, he has suggested that it may be an idiosyncracy of running Excel 2000 on a tablet PC that may be causing the problems. Having trawled around the web, he has suggested I post on this forum to ask for help.
<o:p></o:p>

The software vendor has said he is happy to assist as far as he is able. He is happy to register on the forum to answer any questions. However, to assist, he has supplied the following:

Clarity is an Excel spreadsheet behaving like a psuedo-databse, using VBA to open a master document and then read in data from a seperate single column spreadsheet. The master spreadsheet only requires a single addin (Analysis toolpak) to function, and is proven to work on all versions of Excel from 97 to 2003 (NOT 2007). It works on W95, W98, ME and XP (Home or better). It can be networked (by virtue of running a local copy of the master speadsheet) but using VBA to locate the "database" files on any mapped network drive.

Is there anything else you need to be able to help me? Its driving me and the software vendor completely mad!

:mad:

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back