Excel 2002 cell color changed problem

Hendry

Hi All,

Do you ever experience a cell(s) color changed whenever we open the excel file? I have a excel 2002 SP3 file. I have the fill color in it. Problem is, sometimes whenever I open it, the color changed (Original Purple) to Pink. But the next day(s), I open it, it's back to normal... Is this excel's need to fix thing or this is my comp?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi

Lately I have been experiencing the same problem (although with different colours). I was about to start a new thread and then found yours.......

I have issues with the orange colours (used for highlighting and conditional formatting) suddenly appearing as various blue colours when I re-open the workbook or save it as another name.

I too would like to know what is going on so if anyone can shed some light on why this is happening, that would be much appreciated. I'm using Excel 2003 SP3.

In addition to cells changing their background colours, the colour palette also changes such that the oranges appear blue etc (in the same way the conditional formats change). I found that under Excel menu option Tools > Options > Colour > if I click 'Reset' it seems to bring back the normal colour palette.

Any help appreicated
Cheers
Andrew

Upvote 0
I use to notice this problem and never really found a specific solution or why it was happening, but it seemed to happen when running macro intensive workbooks. This link offers a little insight, but not too much:

http://chandoo.org/wp/2009/02/13/help-on-excel-colors/

If any of you are members of expert-exchange this may help, but I do not have a membership:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Office_Suites/MS_Office/Q_24045045.html

I believe there was a thread a while back about this with a reason why, but cannot find it at the moment. But it would have probably been at least a year ago?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. Doesn't really shed much light does it?

The main spreadsheet impacted is about 6MB in size and there are literally a handful of macros (none are event based). It also seems to happen when I save the spreadsheet as another name - then the colour palette seems to modify itself.

It's annoying......

Cheers
Andrew

Upvote 0
Thaks for all your post.. Does any of you have a search in Microsoft site or support from them? It really is annoying:mad:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back