Excel 2003 Turning areas light blue.

Trying123

I am trying to clear the autofill of this wierd color blue that its using and it won't clear. I don't know how it got there in the first place. In addition there are a few parts of the spreadsheet that are that blue that aren't in the actual spreadsheet but just in the surrounding areas. Any suggestions?
It is just a simple spreadsheet with lots of numbers.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I can't tell much without seeing the actual sheet but have you checked that the sheet has no conditional formatting or worksheet code?

Upvote 0
I can't tell much without seeing the actual sheet but have you checked that the sheet has no conditional formatting or worksheet code?

I will look and see. If it does, how would I clear it? Formatting I think I can find, but where would the worksheet code be?

Upvote 0
I would think it is more likely conditional formatting but for sheet code just right click the sheet tab, click view code and then see if there is any code in the large window that appears.
(for conditional formats select the cells, click formats on the menu bar then click conditional formatting)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

1. Are these blue cells fixed or does the blue change to different cells as you are working/navigating around the sheet? If changing, what actions are you taking that seems to cause them to change?

2. Is this only happening in one worksheet and/or one workbook?

3. Are you able to open the file on another computer to see if the behaviour is the same?

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your response.
The blue area is fixed - it is the right half of the numbers on the spreadsheet. However, there are also a few other odd places it is blue.
Like behind the sheet tabs at the bottom of the worksheet and a small border around the whole document.
It happens on any computer I open that document on. When I open another file, it seems to be ok but that wierd light blue is still someplace not on the sheet but on the background somewhere.

Upvote 0
Is it possible that you can upload the workbook to somewhere like Box.com and place a link in this thread so we can see and test it.
Remember to mark the file to allow sharing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back