Excel 2007: Formula bar text flicker, can't access other open workbooks or close Excel.

L

Legacy 69293

I am working on a fairly large application that refers to code in several addins. Userforms are used, but there are no shapes, charts, etc. on any worksheet.

My problem is that 'randomly', but usually some time after using the main form (that can interact with cells on a worksheet) the test in the formula bar textbox starts flickering like some code is caught in an endless loop. I can interact with Excel at this point, but can't naviagate to other workbooks or even close Excel without ending it's process via TaskManager. The only way to get the flickering to stop is to close Excel.

I have googled and searched this forum, but have found no expanation or solution. I did see one promising thread that showed similar symptoms when a worksheet cell was selected and then a shape was selected. There was a snippet of code in that thread that caused the text to flicker, but it would stop.

When this happens Excel consumes all of one of the dual core processors on my computer. (50% total)
Also there is usually remnants of the user form in the dropdown box of the formula bar.

Can any one help? I have O2007 SP2 installed.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back