Excel 2007 - Help please? My simple auto filter macro's refuse to run. "Cannot run the macro...."

Kithera

Hi guys, I'm admitting first that I'm not a programmer. I created a spreadsheet for some users. Each column has an autofilter on it. Only some of the users panic if they don't know how to use an auto-filter and think that they've lost all the data thats filtered. So I used the forms buttons and put in two buttons. One is "show all issues" and one is "show open issues". The macros were simply to filter all the issues for either showing everything or the sub-set of only open. I assigned the macro's to the buttons and they all worked. I saved it and closed excel. Then on opening the buttons dont work anymore. I did go into the trust center and enabled all macros, and I "trusted access to vba....". the macros still don't work. I have to send this out to a bunch of different users and really want those buttons to work.

Any help you can give would be appreciated!

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
the the macros still linked to the buttons?

Were the macros on that workbook on your personal one?

If the macros are still linked and they still don't work, please post your code, so we can assist.

Upvote 0
Can you please see if the file extention is xlsm ie a macro enabled workbook. Or you can share your workbook with me.

Regards
Prince

Upvote 0
OMG - I totally love you. I didn't even know you could save something as a macro enabled workbook. So now I just have to see if the clinical planners can open it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back