Excel 2007 not picking up Calculations as part of table

eoinymc

Board Regular
Hi,

I have a question that is tough to explain, but I'll try my best.

I have a sheet called "Data" & this is a SQL query that I pull using VBA (Rows A:J). I then do some calculations in VBA in Row K (Change from € to $).

When I run this macro, my Excel 2007 doesn't show column K as part of the table (i.e. the column is white and doesn't take the format of the table).

However, when a colleague of mine runs the macro, column K formats as part of the table...

I need it to be part of the table because I do some autofiltering on it in another macro and because column K is not part of the table, it won't let me autofilter the specified range.

It was working just fine for me until Friday and it just seemed to change!!

Does anyone know any settings or reasons this may happen?

It is quite annoying!

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Regards,

Eoin

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

sahild05

try creating a column k before running the macro by typing in a dummy value for the first row and then clearing it. perhaps the macro is sidestepping the auto-column-detect feature?

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Possibly, look under Excel Options|Proofing|AutoCorrect Options and make sure that 'Include new rows and columns in table' is checked on the 'AutoFormat As You Type' tab.

eoinymc

Board Regular
Andrew, you really are an MVP!

Thanks for the help..strange that it was working last week and I didn't touch this option and it stopped working!

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Eoin

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neetish_93

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...