Excel 2007 Persistent tab for Add-in or macros book

vicsar

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Overview:
I have a shared macros book that is stored in a file server (I am planning/willing to convert it to an add-in), users run all their macros from the same common drive, every time I make a change in the server side the book is updated on the users’ side.

In Excel 2003 I had a persistent menu that user would refer to in order to use the common macros (use by everyone in the office) that feature was removed in Office 2007 (yep… we just migrated to that).
I tested the same procedure in Office 2010 and 2013 and the menu goes to the add-ins tab… which that kind of works but is not as convenient as having the menu right up front.

The challenge:
What I am trying to achieve is to have a ribbon tab Called Common Macros (or whatever) and under that have buttons calling the different macros we all use; however, this tab must be persistent, meaning that every time I open Excel the tab is visible. Because of the way we are setup using the personal.xlsb is not an option. The ideal solution is having a persistent tab but if that is not possible, I can settle by using a persistent menu in the Quick Access Toolbar. How do I achieve that using VBA? The user should be able to either install the add-in and see the menu or see the ribbon tab or run an installation macro and see the tab or the menu. I must stress that it has to be a persistent tab or menu.

:confused:

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me on this.

309353d1396619807-excel-2007-persistent-tab-for-add-in-or-macros-book-my-dream-tab.png

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back