Excel 2007 Question

eddy

At work I use Excel 2003.
I have quite a complex sheet that I use. It is SHARED and works fine at work. I can Un-Share to modify macro's etc, no problem.

I have just mailed the sheet to myself at home to do some work on the sheet, I use Excel 2007 running under Vista.

The problem I have is that at home I cannot Un-Share the workbook to work on the macros. SHARE WORKBOOK, PROTECT SHARED WORKBOOK, ALLOW USER TO EDIT RANGES, THACK CHANGES are all "greyed" out.

Can someone tell me to Un-Share the workbook in Excel 2007 please.

Thanks Ed

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
You culd create problems for your self working in 207 on a workbook to be used in 2003.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is what you need, but give i a try

Code:
Option Explicit

Sub unShareBk()
'if shared get exclusive access
ActiveWorkbook.ExclusiveAccess

End Sub

Upvote 0
I might take your advice and do the macro mods at work. The last thing I need is an in-compatibility issue.

I guess it's just a Security Option/Setting somewhere, be nice to know the answer to the problem.

I did try your macro but it give an Run Time Error 1004 Method "Exclusive Access" of object Workbook failed.

Ed

Upvote 0
Ed

Why not unshare the workbook at work, then send it to yourself?

Upvote 0
Could do, but it would still be nice to know why the Share Workbook options are greyed out.
Ed

Upvote 0
id stick to editing the code at work on the 2003 version, i ran into a few problems when i created code on a 2003 version and tried to run it on a 2000 version, nothing major but the users just kept saying it doesnt work, i would then test it and say it does YOU are doing something wrong, led to a few arguments but like i said nothing major,

HTH

Upvote 0
When developing across versions you should probably try and develop using the earliest version that could be used.

Upvote 0
Yes I should know better, I all also had a problem when developing macro's and then trying to use the workbooks on a mixture of earlier version of Excel. From memory I think that that the problems were due to different Object Libraries.

OK, I will do the changes in Excel 2003, seems to be the "safe bet".

Thanks all.

Ed

Upvote 0
Ed

Missing Object Libraries or different versions of them may be one of the problems, but they are more common when you are automating other apps from VBA.

One other problem is with methods that in later versions have added/changed/removed arguments.

One that springs to mind is Sort, in 2003 and later it has arguments like SearchFormats.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back