Excel 2007 VBA to copy sheet to another file if the sheet doesn't already exist

TGarrett

Hi all,

What I am trying to do is copy any worksheets from one file (source) to another workbook (target) which don't already exist in the target file. Is there a way to loop through and compare each of the worksheet names and only copy the new ones while ignoring those that are already in the target? I need to perform this function daily to copy my office's schedule and reformat it for printing. I had it set up to always go to the last worksheet in the source file and copy it to the target but then I learned that two or three new schedules are sometimes dropped at the same time. This is where the looping will come into play. It may take a little bit longer to run but I need to make sure all new sheets are copied and reformatted each time I run the macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I am still trying to find a solution to this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe use an array to compare the sheet names in each workbook and only copy ones that are not already in the target file? Any help would be great.

Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back