Excel 2007 VBA write to PDF Reader forms

Excelgreenhand

Board Regular
I have just downloaded an example to write to PDF forms and to find out ONLY it works on Adobe Acrobat Pro (or above).
Anyone who have previous experience on writing PDF forms (with PDF Adobe reader only) with VBA and save the original form under different names !?
Any suggestions !?
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
What are you trying to write to a PDF form?

PDF documents, that contain Form Fields, may be saved by Adobe Reader if the form has been given "Reader Extended Rights", by Acrobat(Acrobat.com has documents that will explain this naming, Look up Thom Parker) Standard or Acrobat Professional. Adobe Reader cannot add form fields or give PDF forms "Reader Extended Rights".

Can you clarify what is exactly you are attempting to do?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I have created a fillable PDF form with Adobe Acrobat for users to use Excel (under VBA) to fill Excel data and save under different PDF form names. Users DO NOT have Adobe Acrobat but ONLY have Adobe Reader.
My question is -- is it possible to use Excel VBA to populate Excel data to PDF form when users have Adobe Reader ONLY on their machine????
Thanks.

Upvote 0
How is your JavaScript? You will need to set up a "Mouse Up" button to run a JavaScript, this.importTextData();

It looks like you will need to set up folder level permissions(PDF JavaScript is a prime method of spreading malicious viruses). I have Acrobat Standard and currently have a template that I have correlated named ranges to the respective PDF form fields and have created a script in Excel to export the named ranged and values to a Tab delimited file that can be imported into a PDF document; Through the "Import tools". I'll look at it some more, but I think the expertise for import will have to come from the Adobe forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back