Excel 2010 3 of 9 barcode? Where did it go?

Ziggy

I just got Excel 2010, I previously had 2007. In 2007, there was a barcode font "3 of 9" which was the first font you could pick. I used it all the time with a formula like...

="*"&A2&"*"

When you set the barcode font it would display as a barcode ( instead of ="*"&A2&"*")... this worked great for quick and simple barcodes that could be scanned. I do not want to have to download addin'e or free fonts because then I have to do this for everyone I might send this template to?

thanks for any advise, maybe there is a setting or additional instal from Excel that is needed?

Ziggy

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I don't recollect that any Office version came bundled with a barcode font. I don't think you will have any option of than downloading a font, like Free 3 of 9

Upvote 0
I don't recollect that any Office version came bundled with a barcode font. I don't think you will have any option of than downloading a font, like Free 3 of 9

this is perplexing then because I know we did not buy it for hundreds of PC's. I need someone with 2007 or earlier to confirm if they have the Font in their list ( just for sanity check)... you will see it listed at the very top of your font list.

thanks.

Ziggy

Upvote 0
It is a free font ( not a built in font).
I don't have it on me but if you don't get someone post it I will get it from work tomorrow and 3 of 9 extended and put it on a sharing site but you should be able to find it easy enough with a Google search.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks, I know there are many free font's but I still need to figure out how all of our PC's seem to have it. I think I have a lead, just checking with one of my colleagues on something we may have done 4 years ago... But I think it is clear to me now that it is not included with OFFICE.

Ziggy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back