Excel 2010 / automatically update table column in another sheet

rgs694

Hi,
This seems fairly easy, but I haven't had much luck with searching for the answer on the web.
I have an Excel 2010 table in Sheet 1 (FYI, table has headers with 11 columns). In Sheet 2, I would like to continually reference a particular column (Column 1) and its rows from the table in Sheet 1. I would like the table in Sheet 2 to it to expand/contract rows automatically as I add/remove rows from the table in Sheet 1.
I was able to do this using a structured reference, set as an array formula. However, I'd like to avoid having to "worry" about whether or not my array selection is always bigger than the rows in the table in Sheet 1. Also, this can potentially returns a lot of #N/A's, as the array formula will return this for any blank rows in the table in Sheet 1. The #N/A's get in the way of other data sorting I'll be doing later.

Is there a cleaner way to have the table in Sheet 2 automatically update from the main table in Sheet 1, without an array formula?
Thank you, -Rich

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back