Excel 2010 - Combining IF OR Statements

Johnny Thunder

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello All,

Working on this formula and need help combining it with another IF/OR Statements.

= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty")

I need two have the "Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2" portion of the formula change to "Other Dropdowns'!$C$3" in the second IF statement.

So i tried something like this but it resulted in an error:

= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty"),= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$3), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty")

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again everyone!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I need two have the "Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2" portion of the formula change to "Other Dropdowns'!$C$3" in the second IF statement.

whats the condition

you have
IF (
test, true ,false ) here
= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14),"Non-Royalty")

so you cannot add
= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$3), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty")

I need two have the "Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2" portion of the formula change to "Other Dropdowns'!$C$3"
whats the conditions that apply to change from the
"Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2"
to use
"Other Dropdowns'!$C$3"

Upvote 0
So what I was trying to say is that this formula works for me now,

= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty")

I need to replicate it 2 more time and some how combine it so

= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$3), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty") ****All I changed was "Other Dropdowns'!$C$3"****

= IF(OR(CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14) =Logos&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$4), CONCATENATE(C14, "_", D14, "_",E14), "Non-Royalty") ****All I changed was "Other Dropdowns'!$C$4"****

And then somehow combine all three. Hope that clears it up better.

Upvote 0
something like below try

Code:
=IF(OR(C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14="Logos"&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2,C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14="Logos"&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$3),C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14,"Non-Royalty")

Upvote 0
something like below try

Code:
=IF(OR(C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14="Logos"&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$2,C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14="Logos"&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$B$2&"_"&'Other Dropdowns'!$C$3),C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14,"Non-Royalty")

Just kept returning "Non_Royalty". thanks for the help though.

Upvote 0
try below one
Code:
=IF(AND(C14="Logos",D14='Other Dropdowns'!$B$2,OR(E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$2,E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$3,E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$4)),C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14,"Non-Royalty")

Upvote 0
try below one
Code:
=IF(AND(C14="Logos",D14='Other Dropdowns'!$B$2,OR(E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$2,E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$3,E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$4)),C14&"_"&D14&"_"&E14,"Non-Royalty")

Worked perfectly!! I should have mentioned that "Logo" is actually LOGO (Named Range). But it worked out perfectly! thanks

Upvote 0
Just a quick question, in the section in BOLD can you add as many rules as you want in there? like if I wanted to add 2 more "

"E14='Other Dropdowns'!$C$3" with another Column "C" cell? Like C4 or C5?

Upvote 0
Yes You Can Add

Try your self To do That

and if facing problem then let me know

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back