Excel 2010 debugging problem

Jaye7

My work was kind enough to give me excel 2010 when my old computer died and it is annoying me as the debugging of VBA is atrocious compared to the 2000 version.

It seems that whenever a macro has an error rather than the debugging function popping up excel just decides it needs to close, simple errors too, like a textbox is missing etc...

Does anyone know of a way to make it more stable with scripts so that it goes to debugging rather than just closing which is annoying as then you have no idea what script caused it to close.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I don't have Excel 2010, but if this code is in a Forms module, try Tools > Options > General, tick Break in Class Module

Upvote 0
Thanks SHG, that was the first thing that I tried but unfortuantely the timer keeps running.

Upvote 0
Timer? What timer??

Did I miss something???

Upvote 0
Sorry my bad, I was thinking of another question I asked. I have now ticked the break code and will see how it goes.

thanks SHG

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this didn't work, it still crashes constantly on basic errors, what a pain in the neck it is.

If you spell a textbox wrong (i.e. texbox) when writing script, look out as excel 2010 usually crashes (for me anyway).

I didn't want an upgrade as I love 2000 version, oh well, that's life, just have to suck it up buttercup.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back