Excel 2010 - IF/AND Statement with multiple variables

Johnny Thunder

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello all,

I am working on a little bit of a crazy formula and have come to a road block. Hopefully someone knows of a solution or even another way to write this formula.

So here goes,

Formula A:
Code:
=IF(AND(B17=Logo1,D17=Market2),Logo1RSub,IF(B17=Logo1,Logo1Sub,IF(B17=Logo2,Logo2Sub,IF(B17=Logo3,Logo3Sub,IF(B17=Logo4,Logo4Sub,IF(B17=Logo5,Logo5Sub,""))))))

Formula B:
Code:
=IF(AND(B17=Logo1,S17="True"),logo1UnSub,IF(AND(B17=Logo2,S17="True"),logo2UnSub,IF(AND(B17=Logo3,S17="True"),Logo3UnSub,IF(AND(B17=Logo4,S17="True"),logo4UnSub,IF(AND(B17=Logo5,S17="True"),logo5UnSub,"")))))

Definitions:
Logo1 - Logo5 = Named ranges
Logo1 - Logo5 with "SUB" in name = Subtotal Range
Logo1 - Logo5 with "UnSUB" in name = Unlicensed Subtotal Range

So what I am trying to accomplish is having these two formulas (A & B) combined with some sort of logic that says:

IF(AND(B17=Logo1 AND S17<>"True" Return Logo1Sub But if S17="True" then Return Logo1UnSub.

Written out Properly: =IF(AND(B17=Logo1,S50<>"True"),Logo1Sub,Logo1UnSub)

My issue is, how do I apply this to all the variables in 1 formula?

This is the formula combing two variable but results in an error because how it is combined.

Code:
=IF(AND(B50=Logo1,S50<>"True"),Logo1Sub,logo1UNSub),(IF(AND(B50=Logo2,S50<>"True"),Logo2Sub,logo2UNSub))

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Syntax is bit off, notice the Quotations around the text string, they are not numbers, or true or false which excel knows.

=IF(AND(B50="Logo1",S50<>True),"Logo1Sub","logo1UNSub"),(IF(AND(B50="Logo2",S50<>True),"Logo2Sub","logo2UNSub"))</pre>

Upvote 0
Syntax is bit off, notice the Quotations around the text string, they are not numbers, or true or false which excel knows.

=IF(AND(B50="Logo1",S50<>True),"Logo1Sub","logo1UNSub"),(IF(AND(B50="Logo2",S50<>True),"Logo2Sub","logo2UNSub"))

S50= Text String "True"

So the formula works but with more digging online and trial/error I have found that a nested formula can only be done 7 times in one instance.

So I got upto,
Code:
=IF(AND(B50=Logo1,S50<>"True"),Logo1Sub,IF(AND(B50=Logo1,S50="True"),logo1UNSub,IF(AND(B50=Logo2,S50<>"True"),Logo2Sub,IF(AND(B50=Logo2,S50="True"),logo2UNSub,IF(AND(B50=Logo3,S50<>"True"),Logo3Sub,IF(AND(B50=Logo3,S50="True"),logo3UNSub,IF(AND(B50=Logo4,S50<>"True"),Logo4Sub)))))))

And then the formula won't allow for anymore if Statements and I still had 2 more entries to complete this formula.

Any idea?

Upvote 0
I am not sure if the INDEX and MATCH has the same limitations. But I would try that first.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back