Excel 2010 ignoring bottom margin when printing.

Lythande

Board Regular
I selected two pages worth of rows and "Print Selection" printed them, but Excel 2010 printed on top of the stuff I put in the footer--in fact it ignored the margin settings altogether for the bottom for some reason--it printed right up the edge of the paper. It didn't do this with the same set up in Excel 2007--what am I overlooking?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I selected 1.9 for both the top and bottom. In the print preview under for the 200 page document Excel honours the margins nicely, but when I select two pages worth of rows and print/print preview (with Print Selection selected under Settings) the bottom margin gets blown out, so to speak, and the text appears on top of my footer right to the bottom edge of the page. Very odd.

Upvote 0
The Bottom margin needs to be greater than the Footer margin, because the former includes the latter (although I can't reproduce your problem in Print Preview).

Upvote 0
The problem didn't occur in XL2007 under the same setting circumstances--another part of the mystery is in custom footer I inputted stuff* to make it label the pages 1 of 200, 2 of 200, etc..., but even though I selected enough rows for two pages the print prieview shows 1 of 1 with the bottom margin blown out as described. Most annoying.

*PAGE &[PAGES] OF &[PAGES]

Again, when Print Active Sheets is selected under Settings, the margins as is work as they should...even when I scroll down to to where the two pages work of lines are. It's only when I have Print Selection selected for highlighted cells that the bottom margin is disrespected by XL10.

I appreciate your attempt to help though, thanks Andrew.

Upvote 0
Okay, if I select the cells and rows (A-Q, 98-184) the bottom margin is honoured. It's only when I select these cells via highlighting the row numbers alone (i.e. the column of numbers to the left of A column) that the margin gets messed up. It worked fine in XL2007, but not so in XL10. I can live with the workaround though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back