Excel 2010 Pivot table field list

MattWieneke

Good Morning Mr. Excel message board,

I am having a very difficult time creating a pivot table in excel 2010 to track some of my expenses. The problem is that the field lists are not showing up like they used to in 2007. I have clicked show field list, but no matter what I try they will not show up. If somebody knows a quick fix to this situation please let me know. This would be very appreciated. Nothing I have searched with troubleshooting has led me in the right direction. Thanks.

Have a wonderful day,

Matt

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Most likely, you have a corrupt Excelxx.xlb where xx is the version of Excel: 12 for 2007, 14 for 2010 and is located in your Windows user profile which varies with OS (Documents and Settings or Users).
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel.
Delete the file. Excel will recreate it the next time Excel is opened. You will lose any custom settings you may have made for Excel.

Upvote 0
I am so greatfull for this solution - 1) No field list showing was driving me mad for two days ! 2) have a job interview tomorrow and have a book of Advanced Reports which includes Pivot tables which I need to expand my knowledge of at home for a comfortable and confident job interview - thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back