Excel 2010 VBA Data Validation and Cell fill in

JMANTN

Hello all,

I have a workbook that contains two worksheets, RawData & Filtered. I have schedules listed by day, building, and duty on RawData and on my Filtered sheet I select Day and Building ($A$9 & $B$9) and have it populate who works for a particular selected day and selected building. I'm currently employing cell formula's and at this point everything works fine.

What I'm hoping to do is translate this to VBA. I'm wanting to do this as an opportunity to build upon my VBA skill set and to make it more extensible and easier to modify.

I'm also hoping to have the ability to just select a day and if I want filter down more and select a building but right now I have to select both day and building. I will also be adding and removing data from the RawData sheet and using what I learn here to other spreadsheets hence I need it to be future proof.

I'm also hoping to take what I learn here and implement it with other charts I currently use so I'm using this as a stepping stone however It's been over a year since I've used VBA and last used it in Access however I rarely use Access and need to stick with Excel for the time being.

Any and all help appreciated.

I do not have access to any popular file sharing services at the moment however this link should work for my attachment: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1961081/ExcelHelp2.xlsx

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back