Excel 2010 worksheet tab problem

The Horse

Board Regular
Recently upgraded to Excel 2010 - but have hit a navigation problem (along with a few colleagues in my firm)...

In using the cursor to select a worksheet tab, if I attempt to select the left-most tab - on some workbooks Excel behaves as if I selected the Excel icon in the top-left corner (producing the Restore / Maximise / Minimise / Close drop-down menu). It suddenly appears that you need to be very precise about the selecting the left-most tab - i.e. selecting the uppermost part of it.

Is this unique, or have others found this ? Am using an HP 620 laptop - in case this might be the cause (or is there a configuration step I don't know of) ? Never had this problem before.

Can't find an answer on the web - though this is probably due to the question only having been answered in relation to a peculiarly worded question in the first place !!

Thanks

The Horse

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
so you're clicking the left more tab (at the bottom left of the screen) and it acts like you clicked the top left pull-down menu? I have 2010 and never seen that before. Try different size windows instead of having it maximized?

Upvote 0
Andrew - many thanks, that nailed it ! Definitely a solution that needs spreading across the entire HP-using Excel community.

Mick

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back