Excel 2011 for Mac to Excel 365 for Mac - Headers and Footers

lzweifel

Board Regular
Hi all.... I have been using Excel 2011 for Mac since its existence. I did not like 2016 and stayed with 2011 but now with my recent computer upgrade and OS Big Sur, I was forced to go with Microsoft 365 for Mac.

Here is my issue. I have several templates created in the 2011 version and am noticing a few weird things with the new version. Particularly at the moment Headers and Footers. I have attached screenshots. In my template, I am unable to bring up the screen I need to be able to format my header image. If I open a new document and click "View and Header-Footer" a tab in the ribbon appears, which will then let me edit as expected. But this does not happen when opening any of my templates.

I am wondering, is there a conversion or do I have to completely re-do all my templates?

Thanks for any assistance possible... Microsoft is not an option as I have tried and tried and they do not even comprehend the issue.

Lorie

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back