Excel 2011 on Mac crashes on Pivot Table refresh

SBLunchbox

Just like the title says, I have a fairly large amount of data reporting into a pivot table. I made this on windows and it works perfectly fine. I sent it over to someone with a Mac (their excel is fully updated), and after they modify the source data and try to refresh the pivot table, Excel crashes. I did some searching, and it seems that a lot of people have had this issue, but I haven't been able to find a solution for it. Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
What OS version are they using? 10.8.3 being the latest. 10.7 would not cause any crash. early version of 10.8 may cause crashes. This said, in my limited experience, Excel 2011 is extremely buggy and crashes repeatedly, not necessarily because of PT.
What version of excel are they using? I assumed 2011, but it could be either 2008, 2004 or X older than that is quite improbable...

You may try here as well: link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just like the title says, I have a fairly large amount of data reporting into a pivot table. I made this on windows and it works perfectly fine. I sent it over to someone with a Mac (their excel is fully updated), and after they modify the source data and try to refresh the pivot table, Excel crashes. I did some searching, and it seems that a lot of people have had this issue, but I haven't been able to find a solution for it. Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!

This is quite an annoying problem. Though I don't know the exact reason of it but to solve your problem open the concerned "PT", click on change sources and increase or decrease the data range by one line. Now you may refresh your PT and it is supposed to respond positively.

Good Luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back