Excel 2013 cascading shortcut animations (win 8.1)

Blackban88s

Does anyone know how to turn this off? I've tried disabling animations for win 8.1 through the control panel and graphics acceleration in Excel advanced options--neither are helping. The cascade of shortcut key leads is really screwing with my mind--it's like being punished for using keyboard shortcuts. I'd really like to hear from someone whose actually experienced/figured this out already but any help is much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Can you describe what you mean by "cascading shortcut animations" (what is it and what do you do to make it appear)?

Upvote 0
The shortcut keystrokes on each ribbon light up with a hint that indicates the next key to press so for ex: alt>H>O>I is the sequence to autofit column widths but typing this sequence will setoff a cascade of all the adjacent keystoke hints which the graphic card presents one after the other instead of all at once. The fireworks/light-show is debilitating to speed. Am I making any sense?

Upvote 0
The shortcut keystrokes on each ribbon light up with a hint that indicates the next key to press so for ex: alt>H>O>I is the sequence to autofit column widths but typing this sequence will setoff a cascade of all the adjacent keystoke hints which the graphic card presents one after the other instead of all at once. The fireworks/light-show is debilitating to speed. Am I making any sense?
Are your referring to the drop-down menu?

Upvote 0
Are your referring to the drop-down menu?

With any cell selected, toggle the Alt key off and on. You'll see that just below each tab name a single letter will pop-up (a hint) representing the next key to press ex: pressing Alt once bring up the following letters above these tabs ex: FILE >"F", HOME >"H", INSERT >"N", etc. Pressing the "H" button here will then present a new set of keystroke hints for items on the Home ribbon.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back