Excel 2013 Combo Chart color indicator problems

chesini

Hello,
I have an Excel 2013 Combo Chart with different series in it.

When I want to modify the chart via Change Chart Type, the series color indicator of some series is wrong (indicator is positioned left in the change screen – e.g. the indicator is blue while the series is red in the chart and legend).

Does anyone have an idea how I can match the colors again and where this series indicator is stored ?

Beside that, I regularly have the problem when adding a series as a stacked column, it does not stack. Excel puts it below on the X-as, over the existing stack. Apparently, Excels internal logic on stacking versus not stacking goes wrong.

Are these phenomes known ? Can I solve them ? Is there an Excel check & repair tool to scan the workbook ?

Regards.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Does this happen only with that particular chart? If so, you might want to try to reset it to use the document theme colors...

1) Right-click the chart.

2) Select "Reset to Match Style".

Then you could try making your changes to see if you still run into problems. If this doesn't help, you can try to repair the workbook. When opening the workbook, select "Open and Repair" from the drop down arrow next to the "Open" button in the dialog box. If this doesn't help, you could try to repair Excel, as per the following article...

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...lication-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I have tried a style reset and a repair without success. I finally decided to delete the combo chart and to rebuild it from scratch (took 2 hours).

It seems Excel Combo Charts get in trouble when you change the chart composition under the way. The only conclusion I can make at this moment is that when you need some quite complex combo chart, you better first prepare your entire workbook and data up to their final layout and only add the chart as the very last step. Avoid data and chart modifications afterwards as much as possible if you want to stay out of trouble.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back