Excel 2013 - Missing # of Rows & Columns for Selected Range

dblum89

My office upgraded from Office 2010 to 2013. In 2010 and earlier versions, Excel would show the number of rows and columns I had selected at the bottom right of the selection before I'd take my hand off the Shift key or left mouse button. Now, it only seems to show this in the Name box until you've gone past the edge of the screen. Does anyone know if there's still a way to see the number of rows and columns selected when you move outside of the screen edge? I deal with large amounts of data and like to quickly hold Shift and hit End and the down arrow to go to the bottom of my data and see the number of rows. Sometimes I have blank cells. The Count in the status bar only includes cells that are not blank.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I figured this one out on my own, as I couldn't find anything by Googling it. If you go into File/Options and uncheck the box next to "Show Quick Analysis options on selection", the problem is solved. The number of rows and columns will now display in the bottom right corner of the selection after you go past the screen edge. It seems the Quick Analysis Tool icon is showing up in place of the RxC identifier.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back