Excel 2016 - Com Add-In: Inquire (Anyone else having issues?)

itsnotaboutthecell

Seems the Microsoft forums are dead tonight so why not come to one of most active groups on the internet for Excel. If anyone else has Office Professional Plus 2016 can you please let me know if your Com Add-In for Inquire works? I continue to receive errors and spent an hour and a half with call center Microsoft employees (before they asked me to pay $419 to have someone with technical ability diagnose my issue).

Message as posted on the Microsoft Forums:

The COM Add-In appears under the Inactive Application Add-ins section, when attempting to use the Manage COM Add-ins feature to enable I continue to receive the error "A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-In.". Everything on the internet refers to Office 2013 still being able to utilize this add-in, while Microsoft themselves state 2016 in some of their literature the majority of their information refers back to 2013. I do have Office Professional Plus 2016 installed as well.

What you can do with Spreadsheet Inquire in Excel 2016 for Windows
If Microsoft Office 365 or Office Professional Plus 2013 is installed on your computer, the Spreadsheet Inquire add-in is available in Excel. Yet the article below is titled 2016 and refers to 2013 products....
https://support.office.com/en-US/ar...-Windows-5444eb12-14a2-4d82-b527-45b9884f98cf

COM Add-in Name: Inquire
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
Path ... Office15\DCF\NativeShim.dll
Desc: NativeShim Inquire Addins used by SpreadsheetIQ

At this point I've reviewed all registry information, attempted to transfer usable 2013 files (which still work with my other computer and Office 2013 version). If anyone has heard of this or is aware that this service is no longer available in 2016 please advise.

-Alex

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back