Excel 2019 freezes and crashes

cadandcode

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I have been struggling with that problem nowadays. I dont do anything spesific in excel. Just the things I do common. Nothing special I can say it freezes after doing something. It just stops even when I do nothing in background or doing something I do everytime and closes itself. When I open it again, it comes without any save or crash report. Brings me the latest version right before I work on it. Nothing was saved. I tried reinstall and repair it. Honestly I have done nothing different in system like installing third party programs or changing setting or downloading any suspicious program.
Windows 11 Pro x64, Office 2019, both softwares are licensed by legal keys from Microsoft.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Is it with ALL workbooks, or just a certain one? If it is just a certain one, there is a good chance that particular workbook has become corrupted.
If you create a brand new workbook, does it exhibit this behavior? If not, that suggests that the issue seems to be workbook-specific.

Upvote 0
Is it with ALL workbooks, or just a certain one? If it is just a certain one, there is a good chance that particular workbook has become corrupted.
If you create a brand new workbook, does it exhibit this behavior? If not, that suggests that the issue seems to be workbook-specific.
It goes for everything related to Excel I open or work on. There is no certain time I can say or spesific formula/process/command. Happens when it decides to happen.

Upvote 0
It really sounds like an installation issue to me (unless it is some bigger kind of computer issue, like something else interfering in the background or a virus).
Make sure that you not only do a complete re-install of Excel, but also apply all patches and upgrades.

Upvote 0
It really sounds like an installation issue to me (unless it is some bigger kind of computer issue, like something else interfering in the background or a virus).
Make sure that you not only do a complete re-install of Excel, but also apply all patches and upgrades.
Already checked and installed all required softwares and excel updates/patches itself.

Upvote 0
Are you on a work network?
If so, does anyone else have the same issue?
If not, I think that would indicate there is maybe an issue with your computer.

Upvote 0
Are you on a work network?
If so, does anyone else have the same issue?
If not, I think that would indicate there is maybe an issue with your computer.
Only me with brand new gaming system but can ram cause this? Because ram's brand is very poor.

Upvote 0
I am not really a gamer or hardware guy, so I cannot really comment on that, but perhaps you have other applications running in the background (perhaps related to gaming) that are chewing up memory and the processor.
Have you looked in the Task Manager to see what else is running?

Also be sure that you have updated Virus protection and do a scan, to make sure your system has not picked up a virus.

Upvote 0
Well it is gaming stuff but I havent installed anything related to gaming yet and OS was installed manually and doesnt contain anything related to gaming. Just drivers and updates. Nothing was wrong until I started to using vbas and disabling all security checks also enabling autoconfirm for connections and scripts. You think vbas could do it because I concatenated all workbooks eachother.

Upvote 0
disabling all security checks also enabling autoconfirm for connections and scripts.
It is HIGHLY recommended NOT to disable Security Checks. Those Security Settings are there for a reason, to protect your computer against malicious code.
It would be far better to store these files with VBA in certain folders on your computer, and then set-up those folders as Trusted Locations, so it does not require security checks for files in that folder, but does for all others.

You think vbas could do it because I concatenated all workbooks eachother
I am not sure what you mean by "connections" and "concatenated all workbooks" together, but if you have VBA and connections between workbooks, that could certainly affect performance, depending on how you have set this up (and what your VBA code looks like).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back