Excel 2019 freezes and crashes

cadandcode

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I have been struggling with that problem nowadays. I dont do anything spesific in excel. Just the things I do common. Nothing special I can say it freezes after doing something. It just stops even when I do nothing in background or doing something I do everytime and closes itself. When I open it again, it comes without any save or crash report. Brings me the latest version right before I work on it. Nothing was saved. I tried reinstall and repair it. Honestly I have done nothing different in system like installing third party programs or changing setting or downloading any suspicious program.
Windows 11 Pro x64, Office 2019, both softwares are licensed by legal keys from Microsoft.

It is HIGHLY recommended NOT to disable Security Checks. Those Security Settings are there for a reason, to protect your computer against malicious code.
It would be far better to store these files with VBA in certain folders on your computer, and then set-up those folders as Trusted Locations, so it does not require security checks for files in that folder, but does for all others.

I am not sure what you mean by "connections" and "concatenated all workbooks" together, but if you have VBA and connections between workbooks, that could certainly affect performance, depending on how you have set this up (and what your VBA code looks like).
Connections between workbooks using + or = symbols in cells.
And vba is just for new sheets and some basic remove rename macros. I disabled security checks because am bored pressing let connections, updates and enable content buttons.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back