Excel 365 for Windows vs Mac

TheSardOz

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I would like to know if excel 365 for Mac is exactly the same as the one for Windows.

More specifically, does the Mac version support all the new formulas of excel 365, like filter function and all the other functions only available to 365?
Also does the Mac version support User forms?
If I have a macro that saves files to a computer folder, will the file path still be the same on mac as windows?

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
No it's not, frankly it's quite a poor imitation - I run office in a windows VM on my mac as it's much better.

The mac version supports the functioning of userforms, but they cannot be edited in VBA - ActiveX controls are not supported on worksheets
No, it will not be the same path on a mac as windows, both the folder structure and path separators are different

You cannot reasonably expect VBA written on windows to function on a Mac without testing it.

Upvote 0
No it's not, frankly it's quite a poor imitation - I run office in a windows VM on my mac as it's much better.

The mac version supports the functioning of userforms, but they cannot be edited in VBA - ActiveX controls are not supported on worksheets
No, it will not be the same path on a mac as windows, both the folder structure and path separators are different

You cannot reasonably expect VBA written on windows to function on a Mac without testing it.
Thank you for your feedback!

Upvote 0
Here's a summary table for developer oriented topics:

FeatureMacWindowsComment
Latest cell formulasYesYes
Active-XNoYes
COM add-insNoYes
PowerQuery ConnectionsRolling out nowYes
Data modelNoYesA workbook having a data model will not lose the data model in Mac Excel, but nothing can be done with the data model.
UserFormsYesYesNo Mac interface to build or edit UserForms. Mac can make and edit in VBA.
JavascriptYesYes
AppleScriptYesNo
Objective-CYesNo

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back