Excel 365 Pro-Plus performance issues

davidweingartz

Excel Performance Issues
Microsoft Excel regularly crashes when working in large workbooks(although this appears to happen in normal sized workbooks) with the Error Message: 'There isn't enough memory to complete this action. Try using less data or closing other applications. To increase memory availability, consider: -Using a 64-bit version of Microsoft Excel. -Adding memory to your device'
At times memory usage for excel spike to 1.5gb or RAM or higher. We did not previously encounter this behavior with Office 2007 32-bit. As a standard we use 4gb of ram in our laptops. I have also had reports of this happening on machines with 8gb RAM or more. I have disabled hardware graphics acceleration for one of the users impacted with no improvement.
Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi, just curious as I encountered similar problem with some workbook last year.
Updated Excel to latest version and rebuilt workbook solved the situation.
May I ask what is the size of your large dataset?

Upvote 0
our working file is 16mb, however we are linking to a historical data file which is about 300mb. rebuilding the workbooks isn't really an option as this is a living file and is linked to quite a few other datasets.

Upvote 0
our working file is 16mb, however we are linking to a historical data file which is about 300mb. rebuilding the workbooks isn't really an option as this is a living file and is linked to quite a few other datasets.

Are you using PowerPivot to extract your analysis? Or are you using formulae?

Upvote 0
I believe that many of our files are using formulae. However, this issue appears to happen with small, new worksheets with little to no formulae.

Upvote 0
You mentioned excel 2007, is this the current version you are using?

Upvote 0
You mentioned excel 2007, is this the current version you are using?

Upvote 0
We are in the process of upgrading from 2007 to 2013(365 pro plus) nearly all test users have reported performance issues following the upgrade.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back