Excel 365 work around for Date Picker

Denny57

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I now have to use the cloud version of Office 365 which no longer supports the DatePicker tool. Consequently any file I open that used this tool fails as the VBA code cannot find that tool. I have decided to create a new form and to merge details into a single worksheet. However, I still need to be able to input and upload date information into / from the database using the user form.

I have custom formatted the target cells in the database to display the date in dd,mmmm,yyyy format and now need to be able to input and receive date information in the user form in a fixed method so that data will be handled and displayed correctly in the user form.

I am considering using a text box to input and display the information in the user form as there are no suitable calendars for Office 365
The user form would use dd/mm/yy as the input and display format but I need to understand how to get the textbox to force six digits to be displayed with a "/" between numerics 2 & 3 and 4 & 5. (Perhaps After_Update can be used but I need the text box to receive a leading zero for each element, where necessary, including at input.
Concatenating 3 separate text boxes might work but would need to be able to work in reverse (I.e. call back from the database..

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Please note that I have tried other suggestions to download calendars however, as the version of office is not stored on my device I cannot copy such files into office.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
This is a good question. I'm running into this issue as well, but for a brand new sheet.
Microsoft Word has a Date Picker control, why the heck can't Microsoft Excel have a Date Picker Control?
And I've tried importing it but can't figure out how.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back