Excel 4 to Excel 2013 - some problem.

prkudixit

Hello All,

I have some parts of code of my application in Excel 4 macros and some in VBA. We have moved on from excel 4 to excel 2010 and the excel 4 macros is working fine (of course with some changes)

When I run the excel 4 macro code in excel 2013, it is failing. The same piece of code is working fine in excel 2010.
Below is the code snippet and the error message. Please help in understanding what changes i need to do to fix this one.

Note: BTW, i am new to excel 4 and excel 2013 as far as coding is concerned and this is my first project.

Excel 4 macro code:

= FOR("i",1,ROWS(!WA_Tbl))
Set row to 1's if it's not a server, otherwise 0's
FORMULA.ARRAY(IF(LEFT(TRIM(INDEX(!WA_Cat_Type,i)))="S",0,1),INDEX(!WA_Tbl,i,0))
If it's a server, put a 1 in first txn to match cat name. Next must be array stmt due to added TRIM's - PRB, 1/21/93
= IF(LEFT(TRIM(INDEX(!WA_Cat_Type,i)))="S",IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(TRIM(INDEX(!WA_Cat_Name,i)),TRIM(!WA_Txn_Name),0))),FORMULA(1,INDEX(!WA_Tbl,i,MATCH(TRIM(INDEX(!WA_Cat_Name,i)),TRIM(!WA_Txn_Name),0)))))
If it's a T cat copy in 0's and 1's from Determine_T_Cat_Aud_Flags(). Next stmt must be Ctrl+Shift+Entered.
= IF(LEFT(TRIM(INDEX(!WA_Cat_Type,i)))="T",FORMULA.ARRAY(T_Cat_Aud_Flags,INDEX(!WA_Tbl,i,0)))
= MESSAGE(TRUE,"Loading Defaults for Apportionment Weights Table: "&INT(100*i/ROWS(!WA_Tbl))&"%")
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

The error I get is "MACRO ERROR AT CELL CA55" which is what i have posted above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.
Pramod.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Excel 4 macros help needed

Hello All,

This is alight advancement in terms of usage to the post in http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/806380-excel-4-excel-2013-some-problem.html.

After i debugged the code myself with the code, I fhound that, the code is not giving any macro error in debug mode and it is giving in full run mode.
And when I do an evaluate on the debug commands, I see that - the variable defines are NOT happening ALL THE TIME. some times it happens and sometimes doesnt.
How to take off this inconcistency.

Thanks much in advance,

Pramod Dixit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Re: Excel 4 macros help needed

I merged your two threads together, per rule #9 here: Forum Rules

Note that all clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps on the same topic should be posted back to the original thread (instead of starting a new thread),

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back