Excel 97 chart

tabman

On a normal line chart...I want to have the horizontal (X) category axis on both the bottom AND the top of the chart. Can this be done? I can place the category axis on the top, or the bottom, but not both. Any advice?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

PaddyD

MrExcel MVP
can be done but is a little circuitous. you need to set up a secondary y axis first, then go chart options | axis. select secondary X, deselect secondary Y

play about with it to see if you get wht you need - post back with details about what you're trying to plot if you need more,

paddy

tabman

Thanks Paddy...I'm off to try your approach. I'll keep you and the community informed!

tabman

All is complete! The chart uses 2 Y series having cumulative values over time (the X axis). Series A plots across time (X) to a 100% Y axis value. Series B shows progress by % over time in relation to series A. X category values (time) located on both top and bottom scales of the chart was requested for easier plot point identification. I used your advice, but I first created a duplicate series A (making it invisible) and used that to set up a secondary y axis, then go to chart options | axis. I then selected the secondary X and deselected secondary Y for the duplicate series A. This worked perfectly and I did it rather quickly. PaddyD you ARE the MVP!!! Thanks!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flaxarn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back