Excel/Access charting software

william2002

I recently posted a thread trying to compare Excel and Access and forgot to post a seocnd question. That question is: Are there any good charting "add-ons" that anyone could recommend for excel or access. Numbers are important in my analysis but a visual is more important. Certainly I would like to get whatever will give me the "best bang for the buck," so it can be free or cost hopefully no more than 100 or so.

any suggestions appreciated,
william

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
You could check this out -- not cheap but it looks pretty comprehensive. Or this -- quite a lot cheaper. Depends what you are after...

Denis

Upvote 0
thanks Nd...anybody else know of any third party charting software?

There are lots and most are overpriced junk. Excel has extensive charting capabilities. Describe what you need, and someone can help you do it yourself in Excel.

Upvote 0
There are lots and most are overpriced junk. Excel has extensive charting capabilities. Describe what you need, and someone can help you do it yourself in Excel.

Basically I need to graph a horizontal histogram from a rather large collection of data. I have not decided whether to switch from excel over to acces to manipulate the data. Currently the horizontal histogram in excel tends to have gaps between bars but I need a really clean "tight" histogram that I can manipulte with color, bar size, and axis detail.

Upvote 0
It's easy to remove the gaps between the bars. Double click on the bars, and on the Options tab, change Gap Width to zero. The other changes are also easy. In gneneral, double click on the chart element you wish to format, and switch among the tabs to find the changes you want to make.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back