Excel Add In

Sourdust

I am not sure if this is the correct forum because it is a question relating to an Excel add in rather than to Excel itself. I am rather frustrated with it at the moment so any help would be greatly appreciated. The add in is Vison XL that I use to access a Sun Accounts database. It is exactly what I need but on the compaq deskpros, which are the commonest pc in my office, it can take up to 15 minutes to run a report compared to a minute on some of the other pcs here, Acer and Dell. The obvious solution is not to use the Compaqs but sometimes that isn't possible. The computers in question are Compaq Deskpros on Windows NT4 Workstation, sp 6.0, with Excel 97 SR-2. I have been told that there should not be an issue by the technical support people but they can't find out why the Compaq's turn into two legged racehorses as soon as I try to use Vision either. Does any body have any idea what the problem could be and (I won't hold my breath) a solution?

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Try excel safe mode and see if things improve (Start|Run: excel /s) Then try selective startup and knock out everything but the network support (msconfig). If it improves in OS safe boot, try turning of anti-virus software and other background processes. Email me directly to expedite things.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back