Excel and MS Project

m_in_spain

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using Excel to compile an MS PowerPoint presentation using VBA to gather information from various Excel files on the companys SharePoint store. That side is going well and the resulting PowerPoint is good. Now I hit the problem: I need to capture an MS Project timeline from a .mpp file.
Scratching around on the internet I have managed to get Excel to open the file according to the usual variable addresses, but that is where I hit a brick wall. I cannot find a way to switch the Project to "Timeline view", and then grab, even a picture snapshot will do, the project so i can paste it into PowerPoint using Excel VBA. I think it would be easy to get the Project Owner to export as a picture file, but I need to be able to randomly do this to gather info for the management team, asking the original user rather takes away the automation I am trying to achieve.
Excel works so well with other MS Office suites, but Project appears not to be included!
Any help or pointers will be most gratefully received

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I'm afraid I can't help you in any detail here as I no longer have access to MS Project. I used to write VBA code to manipulate data extracted from .mpp files into Excel and Word years ago, However you need to be aware that that MSP has a very different model to the core Office applications and the licensing is different too. I'm pretty sure that you would need an MSP licence to do what you want, alternatively there are 3rd part products that may be able to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back