Excel and OneDrive

storm8

Hi,
some time ago I migrated most of my documents to OneDrive because of cloud and backup and stuff, but I just can't get the right configuration.
I use win 10 + Office 2016 x64 + One Drive personal, but hey this OneDrive sometimes drives me nuts. Man why can't they make it simple and working just like Dropbox is.

The setting that I believe is related to my problems is under oneDrive --> office tab --> Use Office 2016 to sync Office files that I open.

ON
this seems a good solution, all opened files are automatically synced and saved to cloud, I get no duplicate copies and I can see version history right in office documents which is great. I however often work with documents that are linked to other documents/files or needs to access them via VBA. And when I open pinned or recent document directly from excel or from start menu->excel shortcut, it is opened directly from oneDrive, instead of regular folder. And that makes thisworkbook.path to be something like https://d.docs.live.net/blablablanumbers/folder/ instead of c:\users\user\onedrive\folder and that means zillion errors are thrown and there is no access to files the document works with. I did not find a solution to this. If I open file from my local folder (in onedrive folder), close excel, open excel, open recent file, its still the web version.

OFF
I believe this is more dropbox-like approach, files are uploaded separately with office upload center after they are saved. The issue with files being directly opened from onedrive is gone, however time to time excel makes duplicate copies of files, saving takes longer and it just does not work very well.

anyone exeriencing this problem maybe have a solution? I choose oneDrive over dropbox because of capacity I have there.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back