Excel and powerpoint

billx

Hello
Need Help
i have a excel spreadsheet that has tasks for every day
i would like to integrate it in powerpoint so it can be displayed automatically ... when the system date changes the slide changes with the task for that date
the tasks are the same only the times different for eash of the days throughout the year
this will be projected on a screen automatically
is this possible

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hello
Need Help
i have a excel spreadsheet that has tasks for every day
i would like to integrate it in powerpoint so it can be displayed automatically ... when the system date changes the slide changes with the task for that date
the tasks are the same only the times different for eash of the days throughout the year
this will be projected on a screen automatically
is this possible

Will you be have the entire tasks already in hand.. ? Or would you be adding them dynamically ?

Upvote 0
hello
Thanks for the reply
the tasks are the same
the time of task for each day is different
need to automate to display on powerpoint

Thanks

Upvote 0
2007 and 2003 available

Okay.. In 2007 if you want short sequences between slides (lets say 1-2.. minutes)... U can use rehearse timings under the Slideshow tab..

If you want longer sequences.. (ie., change slide after 6 hours 1 day etc) Use the Advance Slide -> Automatically after : xx:xx:xx option under the Animation Tab

For example, time them considering you start the present on a day @ lets say 9 a.m .. Then start counting the slide advances in hours.. and append accordingly.. U can use a excel sheet to calculate time advances..

Otherwise, if you want it to take the system time etc.. VBA would need to kick in, but looking at your example.. I think smartly changing hours should do the trick.. ! :)

Upvote 0
thanks

but how do i get it to change the times from excel according to the date
do i have to create a slide for each day
can i have powerpoint pull the times from excel and display in slide with one standard slide

Upvote 0
In your excel sheet, create a sheet called 'current' that will automatically pull whatever data is current. Link that sheet into PowerPoint. Now whenever you open PowerPoint, it will ask you if you want to update the links in your presentation. If you want the latest data click 'OK', if you want to keep the old data hit 'Cancel.'

Whenever given the option between diddling with data in Excel vs. diddling with it in PowerPoint, for task automation it is almost always easier to mess with Excel than to do it in Powerpoint.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back