Excel Automation using VBA

LowHC

Hi,
I like to create a macro spreadsheet that can help me to automate the class allocation for my students.
My tasks include the following:-
1. Open an excel file and save as another file (done)
2. Filter Group 1 students
3. Allocate them evenly in G,H,I classes
4. Filter Group 2 students with the remaining students
5. Allocate them evenly in A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I
6. With the remaining students, using the entry score in descending order, allocate them into A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I for the 1st 9 remaining students then the next 9 remaining students start from B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I and go back to A and the 3rd group start from C,D,E,F,G,H,I and A, B and so on.
7. At the same time, have to ensure that the no. of students in each class is approximately the same (difference of 1-2).

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You may be able to do what you want with helper columns without using a macro
Please list your column headings (incl column number)
Thanks

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
A helper column is..
... a column added to the existing data that contains a formula(or text etc) to help use data sort/filter to give you what you want.

LowHC

Any others with other solutions? The helper column won’t work as it is dynamic. Those already filtered in the 1 2 groups would have already assigned a class. So left with the remaining students. Please advise. Thanks

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Ok - thanks for the feedback :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelNewbie98

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...