Excel average/averageif question

pretzman21

Hi,

I've setup an excel spreadsheet to keep track of my bowling league. I'm tracking 3 games for each bowler across various worksheets and calculating handicap and average. The average and handicap are tracked in one cell each for each bowler, not across each different week. On occasion, a bowler may not show up and I would add an absent score.

Here is the scenarios that I am stuck on, I want to include the absent scores for tracking purposes, but do not want to include that week's scores in the average. My question is, how do I modify my average formula to still track averages without having to modify that bowlers cell formulation for each new absence? I've got a column of cells where I'm already inputting "R" or "A" for regular and absent. I was thinking that an averageif statement might be the way to go, but cant think of how I'd use it best.

Here is a link to what the spreadsheet looks like for one team. https://prnt.sc/klthlc

Here is the current formula that I have: =IF(Bowlers!B1>=3,TRUNC(AVERAGE(D7:F41)),"") .

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back