Excel: cannot change alignment of a cell under conditional formatting

freelensia

Hi,

I have a structured table with a certain table style:
1589728762430.png

All of the cells in them are also formatted as "Normal". However my "Normal" is slightly different. It has cell background as white (not no-color), and has alignment OFF.
1589728778105.png

Furthermore, in column Good Listings I have some Conditional Formats. It is basically gray cell with white texts
1589730296909.png

As I know, cell alignment (left middle right) cannot be set with conditional formatting. So it was strange that the texts came out right-aligned (see first photo). More strange is the fact that I cannot reset this alignment via the alignment buttons in Home tab.

Anybody know why this is happening?

Attachments

• 1589729097555.png
    1589729097555.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 1589729135752.png
    1589729135752.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 131

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
has alignment OFF.
Alignment OFF means that the content of the cell is positioned based on the number format used. Text aligns left, numbers align right, meaning that your conditionally formatted cells are normal and the orange cells are the ones that are actually misaligned.

The fact that you are unable to change the alignment on the home tab is unusual but I don't think that it will be possible to diagnose this with screen captures alone.
Noting a slight indent in one of the cells, which may or may not be of any help. Try checking BV4 for any spaces before or after the number 20. If the cell contains a formula, then you will need to trace back to the source of the data.

Upvote 0
Thank you. Turning Alignment ON in the Normal style solved this problem.
But it is still strange why I cannot manually set the alignment of the cells using the buttons in the Home menu.

Upvote 0
That does seem unusual, but I don't think possible to diagnose without the file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back