Excel cannot complete this task with available resources

nayr1482

Board Regular
I have a macro written that inserts a row and slides the data below it down. This has worked fine forever.
However, now the file apparently has grown to the point where when it tries to insert a row towards the top of the data set, I get the error "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications."

I have confirmed I get the same error when I try to manually insert a row at that location.
I have tried this on multiple PCs with same error.

I am able to select the data below that row and drag it down 1 row without error (currently...as the data set grows I'm not sure).

Any options / ideas on how to deal with this?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Jambi46n2

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I would try selecting all empty rows below until the bottom of the spreadsheet, and doing a "Clear Contents" or "Delete Rows"
Same goes for all Empty Columns to the right. There could be hidden data there that is exceeding the row limitations of Excel.

nayr1482

Board Regular
I would try selecting all empty rows below until the bottom of the spreadsheet, and doing a "Clear Contents" or "Delete Rows"
Same goes for all Empty Columns to the right. There could be hidden data there that is exceeding the row limitations of Excel.

Thanks for the suggestion - gave it a try but still same error persists.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dedeke