Excel Cell links

Ben01

Hi guys,

I need some help linking two cells in the same work sheet. I want to be able to click on a cell and it take the viewer to the related cell elsewhere in the spreadsheet... I can do this with a hyperlink but my issue comes when I move the linked cell to a new location. The link then goes to the old location, not the new one where the reference cell has moved to. I want this link to be a two-way thing also...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, am new to the complexities of excel formula world.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Thanks for the response Andrew, that works exactly as I wished... Can you help me in making it more complex perhaps? What if I wanted three cells all on the same link together, so if I click the one cell it can take me to two different cells, and in turn I can click on either of those and go back to either one of the other two? all three in different positions on the sheet, is there anyway of doing this?

Upvote 0
...so if I click the one cell it can take me to two different cells
Take you to two different cells? What exactly do you mean by "take you to"? How would that work? Can you describe what you had in mind here in more detail please.

Upvote 0
Don't worry Rick, I realized this wouldn't work in practice as I wanted it to in my head, don't know if what I had imagined was actually possible.

I had envisioned clicking on one hyperlink in a cell which then had two destinations to it. So that for example if i singled clicked, the link would route to one destination, and if i double clicked it would route to another one. Instead of single or double clicking and just having two destinations for the link, you could for example hold F1 and click, F2 and click, F3 and click, and so on to have links to numerous different destinations.

Instead I have created additional cells for each link required using the method described above by Andrew.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back