Excel Certificate Tracker

JRZ26

I could really use some help please. I don't know if it is even possible but I thought maybe someone here had some advice. I am using Excel 2013. I have created a tracker that has: a list of all personnel in my company going down column A. Going across the top row I have a number of different certificates that are required to be completed, whether annually or semi-annually, etc. For each person that has completed the training I have inserted the date of their completion. (mm/dd/yyyy).

Now in each corresponding column to each certificate I have inserted(using conditional formatting) a formula that turns the date entered green if it is within 365 days(cellvalue=>NOW()-365) or yellow if it is between 335 and 364 and then red if the date is beyond 365 days(for annual certs). Right now I have 89 people in my company. example: cert 1, I have 78 out of 89 personnel in tolerance. 75 green 3 yellow 11 red.

What I am trying to do is get the excel document to automatically update the percentage of personnel that are in tolerance...right now I have to go to each column...sort the dates newest to oldest and then get the count manually and then divide the number in tolerance by 89 for every single certificate. that is very time consuming. I cannot figure out a formula that will do this automatically for me. Does anyone know if this is possible? It would be nice if there was a generic formula that would do it for colors...(take the green and yellow and divide those by 89) but I don't know how to do that. also I thought of trying to nest formulas inside of each other...like date within 365 is true and then take the true and divide that by 89? I don't know if I'm on the right path. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
This should get you the count of certs in tolerance
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B9>NOW()-365))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so as it turns out, that formula with a little tweaking was able to give me a count at the bottom...but that would still require me to do all the calculations manually. can I nest this with another formula to give me the percentage? While I do need the total # of personnel that are in tolerance...that isn't quite what I am looking for. is there a way to add on to this formula to get it to divide the number of personnel in tolerance by the total number of personnel in the company?

Upvote 0
Just divide by the number you need
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B9>NOW()-365))/89

If you want you could use counta to count the number of cells that are not blank instead of typing in the number. This assumes that the cell will be blank if it does not have an employee name in it.
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B9>NOW()-365))/COUNTA(A2:A200)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back