Excel changes the size of my chart by itself

renatoab

I'm having a trouble with chart size. In some of my charts, while running my macro, Excel changes automatically the size of my chart, turning it difficult to read (it is not an automatic way to make it more readable). While debugging it does not occur.
I found a way to avoid this while running: adding the code

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Yes, one line just after the other, without anything between them.

The problem is: I don't want to show anything before the macro is done. Doing this way, the sheet is shown, with many unformatted things.

I'd like to know why this happens. Is there some setting to change this? If not (if it is a bug), has anyone seen the same problem, and knows a more elegant way to avoid it.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I don't know if this will work, but perhaps try changing the "Object Positioning" attributes to "Don't move or size with cells" on the Format Chart Area dialog box.

Upvote 0
Maybe the Object Positioning solution could help.
I could not test it because after some modifications the problem didn't occur anymore (at least for a while).
The problem itself is not related with moving or resizing the rows and columns. The final result was different if the only difference was the presence of a break point.
If it occurs again, I'll try your suggestion.
For the ranges, there's the "dirty" attribute, that makes excel refresh the calculations.
I believe there's something similar for the charts and pictures (but something that we can't control) and in some cases it seems to fail.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back