Excel Chart and Graph to PowerPoint

KelvinBruns

Hello All,

Trying to see if this is possible.

What I have: Excel sheet - Has a cell with data validation (List). Below that I have a graph. Below the graph I have a table that is based on the selection from the List.

What I look to do: Take those 3 items mentioned above and insert into a PowerPoint presentation while still being able to select from the List and return the correct data.

Thoughts / Questions

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
You want the stuff pasted into PowerPoint to stay dynamic? That's going to be difficult.

I just did a little test. I made a workbook with a data range, a means of selecting which data to plot, and a chart. I saved this workbook.

Then I made a Presentation. In a blank slide I inserted an object from a file, using the saved workbook as a file.

The embedded workbook sits there pretty as you please. You can't interact with it, though, until you double click on in, the embedded object in PowerPoint. After PowerPoint chugs on it a bit, it finally gives you access to the worksheet, and you can play with the data, and the chart and everything updates.

But this way of activating an Excel object embedded in a PowerPoint presentation only works in design mode. In slide show mode, you can't get at the worksheet that's inside the embedding container.

I think I recall a long long time ago building something that used a control in the slide and a bunch of VBA that made the control talk to the embedded object. As I recall, it was complicated and not very reliable.

Maybe someone has a better way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back