Excel Chart query

palaeontology

I have a 'Line with Markers' chart plotting the data range ... 'View Individual Student Profile'!$D$56:$E$68

I've removed the line, so all I have is thick, black dot markers for each of the 13 data points, however, I'd like the 2rd, 5th, 9th, and 12th dot markers to be red.

I can't instantly see a way to do this.

Is there an easy way that I'm not seeing, or at least a work-around ?

Kind regards,

Chris

DSCfromCFA

Board Regular
G'day p

When you first click on a marker they all get selected, if you click again on a target marker the remaining markers are deselected and you can change the properties of just that marker. Subsequent clicks will select other individual markers. There does not seem to be a multi-select function. I.e Ctrl + Click does not work.

Cheers

shane

pgc01

MrExcel MVP
Hi Chris

If this is a one time task then Shane already explained how to.

If this is some kind of chart that you usually have to do and the colour of the points is not always the same, depending on some logic, then I'd split it in 2 series. This way you can format each set of points in 1 go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy O

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...