Excel Chart will not highlight data when selected

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys, I've posted about this before and wasn't able to solve this, but I've got a sample sheet this time.

My table is laid out pretty well. When I select the chart, I should be able to see all series highlighted with the all the data having a coloured box around them, which I can simply drag the box over to the updated set of data.

For some reason, this functionality has just stopped working and I am unable to simply click the chart to have all the data selected - I have to click each series individually and adjust the data that way, which is tedious. This example sheet has 4x4 series, so 16 adjustments, but there's actually about 12 sheets with data that need adjusting and it's just a real slog every month.

Here's the example workbook:

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I click on either data series once, or right click select data and the data series become highlight.
Have you tried closing and reopening the workbook?

Upvote 0
I click on either data series once, or right click select data and the data series become highlight.
Have you tried closing and reopening the workbook?
Hi, sorry I should elaborate.

In the past, and in other workbooks, I can click the chart and the entire set of data is highlighted. I can then drag the entire highlighted box and all series are updated with new data.

Now I have to click each series individually. Some series have small pixels of data that I struggle to click and therefore need to right click and select data and do it manually. It's a very frustrating aspect of my job.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this makes it the same, but this helps select the tiny chart elements. Use the chart formatting options and select the series:

Attachments

• 1679317051703.png
    1679317051703.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back