Excel Charts not updating

GeorgeBryant

I have found a lot of questions online to this problem and wondering if someone here has a solution.

I have a workbook with about 20 different line and bar charts. The data is fed by one master table of table (contains EVERYTHING) and then another smaller table that pulls from the master table through a series of lookups based on the users selection. The Lookups are working fine (all rows of data are populating correctly - so I know that it isn't a setting of 'manual' vs. 'automatic' udating) but for some reason the charts are not all updating correctly. For example, I have one line chart with 7 lines that pulls from 7 rows of data and 5 of the lines are updating but the other two do not. If I cut and paste the chart, all 6 lines are correct but then I get the same problem the next time I run a new LookUp.
We rely on the graphics on this page for a dashboard so we need to ensure the data is updated based on the user selection (no easy way to tell if the data didn't update unless you check the data table against the chart each time) I prefer not to create a macro if possible since this adds another complication when we update the workbook each month.

Any solutions out there?

Attachments

• Excel graph update.png
    Excel graph update.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back