Excel checkboxes

Aki_12

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have this task in excel but literally had no idea about excel and need some help. I'll try my best to explain it.

-When 'in stock' is checked. The 'out for use', 'out for repair', and 'remarks' must be disabled, and can't type any data.
-When 'out for use' is checked. The 'in stock', 'out for repair', and 'remarks' must be disabled, and can't type any data.
-When 'out for repair' is checked. The 'in stock', and 'out for use', must be disabled but the 'remarks' can type data. It is also needed when the row is disabled it will turn to gray.
I really really appreciate it if someone helps me. Thank you.

Attachments

• 309710620_604997094601737_6432075937926775116_n.jpg
    309710620_604997094601737_6432075937926775116_n.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I presume that you have a data "table with columns and rows? How many rows of data (aka records are there)? How often are stock items added or deleted?

Someone else may chime in but working with a lot of checkboxes is challenging. They have to fit into data cells in a table and they have to be set to point to data in one row so each checkbox must be set up separately. And there are three checkboxes per item. in stock, out for use, and out for repair.

I know that you want checkboxes but it is acceptable, it would be a lot easier to have cells whose value is True or False.

Also, I understand grayed out but do cells have to be "disabled" too? The worst case is that if a grayed out input is changed the other ones gray out. Plus if grayed out inputs are disabled there is no way to change the status of an item.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back